The minimum PLL VCO frequency is defined as 192MHz in os/hal/ports/STM32/STM32F4xx/hal_lld.h. The reference manual specifies that the minimum PLL frequency is 100 MHz.
Is there a reason for this difference?
Erick
Search found 35 matches
- Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: Minimum PLL VCO Frequency
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4090
- Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:19 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: STM32F405 canStart/canStop
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4750
Re: STM32F405 canStart/canStop
In the STM32F405, CAN1 must be enabled for CAN2 to operate correctly. The panic is there to prevent you from assuming that CAN2 will operate correctly if CAN1 has been stopped.
- Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:23 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/HAL
- Topic: Issue with USB Serial at lower clock speeds
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3013
Re: Issue with USB Serial at lower clock speeds
Just to do a quick sanity check, here is the math on the clock frequencies:
XTAL Frequency = 8 MHz
PLLVCO Frequency = XTAL * PLLN/PLLM = 8 * 192 / 8 = 192 MHz (Must be > 100 MHz and < 432 MHz)
SYSCLK Frequency = PLLVCO / PLLP = 192 / 6 = 32 MHz
USBCLK Frequency = PLLVCO / PLLQ = 192 / 4 = 48 MHz ...
XTAL Frequency = 8 MHz
PLLVCO Frequency = XTAL * PLLN/PLLM = 8 * 192 / 8 = 192 MHz (Must be > 100 MHz and < 432 MHz)
SYSCLK Frequency = PLLVCO / PLLP = 192 / 6 = 32 MHz
USBCLK Frequency = PLLVCO / PLLQ = 192 / 4 = 48 MHz ...
- Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:44 am
- Forum: ChibiOS/HAL
- Topic: Issue with USB Serial at lower clock speeds
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3013
Issue with USB Serial at lower clock speeds
Hi,
I'm running into an issue with the serial_usb driver when the system clock speed is set to 32 MHz. I've managed to reproduce it using the following patch to the STM32F4 discovery MEMS demo on the head of the 16.1.x branch:
---
demos/STM32/RT-STM32F407-DISCOVERY-MEMS/main.c | 14 ...
I'm running into an issue with the serial_usb driver when the system clock speed is set to 32 MHz. I've managed to reproduce it using the following patch to the STM32F4 discovery MEMS demo on the head of the 16.1.x branch:
---
demos/STM32/RT-STM32F407-DISCOVERY-MEMS/main.c | 14 ...
- Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:43 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14853
- Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:45 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: CAN filters
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5377
Re: CAN filters
I agree that 1 should be a valid start filter and I also agree that num <= STM32_CAN_MAX_FILTERS.
In devices with no CAN2, I think you meant to say that can2sb is equal to 28, which is out of bounds.
The fixes you are proposing seem reasonable.
In devices with no CAN2, I think you meant to say that can2sb is equal to 28, which is out of bounds.
The fixes you are proposing seem reasonable.
- Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:46 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Clock and other Registers
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5569
Re: Clock and other Registers
If you want to know why the defines are written in that way, you're going to have to ask ARM, as they are the ones that generated that file. If you look at the GPIO ODR register defines in stm32f4xx.h, you'll see that those fields are defined in the way that you mention (Pin 0 = 1, Pin 1 = 2, Pin 3 ...
- Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:34 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Rework Makefile to be makefile name independent
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6321
Re: Rework Makefile to be makefile name independent
I think it means that any changes to %.c or the Makefile will cause the source file to be recompiled.
- Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:23 am
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Clock and other Registers
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5569
Re: Clock and other Registers
Hi Eriks,
You've asked a few questions, and I'll try to answer each as best as I can.
1. I can't really help you with your KEIL issue, as I don't use it but it sounds like you're able to view the register values for other peripherals? Maybe there is another register definition file somewhere?
2 ...
You've asked a few questions, and I'll try to answer each as best as I can.
1. I can't really help you with your KEIL issue, as I don't use it but it sounds like you're able to view the register values for other peripherals? Maybe there is another register definition file somewhere?
2 ...
- Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:42 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: C niewbie question
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5058
Re: C niewbie question
I've seen this happen if you don't include the source file in your makefile. Try adding LCD.c to your list of sources.