Search found 44 matches
- Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:29 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: What do you think about mbed
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3234
Re: What do you think about mbed
mbed seems to be Arduino for the smart ones. The Web IDE is feature-rich (it even includes Mercurial!), and as you said, the library is also quite rich. There are some irritating limitations on that platform, though. For instance, you can't use your own compiler. Yes, you have no need to, but if you ...
- Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:27 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
- Replies: 33
- Views: 31561
Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
Aha, I see. So I'll wait for it. Thank you again for your kind replies.
- Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:55 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
- Replies: 33
- Views: 31561
Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
Is chrtclib ported to 3.0 yet? I get compiler errors at it.
- Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:46 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
- Replies: 33
- Views: 31561
Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
Okay, I see. Thank you very much for the explanation.
- Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:41 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
- Replies: 33
- Views: 31561
Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
Yes, they are at the same priority. But why is it working when I add the sleep function?
- Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:31 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
- Replies: 33
- Views: 31561
Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
Well, AFAICS, it's definitely not a stack overflow. The thread for 2.x just locks everything by doing nothing in a cycle, when the thread for 3.x does something and doesn't lock anything. That's how I see it from my point of view. Also, how could that be a stack overflow if when I added a sleep ...
- Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:13 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
- Replies: 33
- Views: 31561
Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
Also, are there any problems if I don't want to use LTO? What exactly will not be fine if I don't use it?
- Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:11 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
- Replies: 33
- Views: 31561
Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 2.6->3.0 porting guide
I have a not-so-obvious comment regarding threads in ChibiOS/RT 3.x.
In 2.x, a thread like this will work just fine:
static WORKING_AREA(waBtnThread, 128);
static msg_t BtnThread(void *arg) {
(void) arg;
chRegSetThreadName("btn");
while (TRUE) {
while (!palReadPad(GPIOB, GPIOB_BTN1)) {
// Here ...
In 2.x, a thread like this will work just fine:
static WORKING_AREA(waBtnThread, 128);
static msg_t BtnThread(void *arg) {
(void) arg;
chRegSetThreadName("btn");
while (TRUE) {
while (!palReadPad(GPIOB, GPIOB_BTN1)) {
// Here ...
- Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:29 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [INFO] ChibiOS 3.0 Status
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15520
Re: [INFO] ChibiOS 3.0 Status
Got the same problem with segfault, I use Launchpad's arm-none-eabi-gcc:
[03:27:45] che@quad:~/mcu/chibios-stm32f103/ChibiOS-RT/demos/STM32/RT-STM32F103-OLIMEX_STM32_P103$ make
Linking build/ch.elf
main.c: In function 'main':
main.c:41:5: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
int main(void ...
[03:27:45] che@quad:~/mcu/chibios-stm32f103/ChibiOS-RT/demos/STM32/RT-STM32F103-OLIMEX_STM32_P103$ make
Linking build/ch.elf
main.c: In function 'main':
main.c:41:5: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
int main(void ...
- Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: Multiple devices on a single SPI bus
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3449
Multiple devices on a single SPI bus
What's the most common and convenient way of using two or more SPI devices on a single SPI bus? The point is that I can use the same MISO/MOSI/SCK pins, and the only thing that really differs is the CS (ChibSelect) pin.
I see only one: reconfigure SPI (spiStart) with the appropriate ChipSelect pin ...
I see only one: reconfigure SPI (spiStart) with the appropriate ChipSelect pin ...