ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows
Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows
Thanks a lot for advise, I already compile it, at the evening I'd try to test it with STM32F4-DISCOVERY, and with new toolchain maybe I'll start gdb with new toolchain.
Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows
Hey mobyfab,
I've build your qtlink and the saucy and it works quite nice
I saw also that you make version for the 13.10, thanks for that. Nevertheless still I cannot debug my ChibiOS application with arm-none-eabi-gdb, during I did as follows:
- compile demo for ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY
- flash device through qtstlink, everythinks works fine, including logs on UART after USER button press
- erase device through command st-flash erase
- run st-util in one terminal window
- run arm-none-eabi-gdb ./build/ch.elf
- run command target extended-remote localhost:4242
- run command load, loading was successful
- run command continue
- press CTRL+C, program seems to stop on the function called void _unhandled_exception(void) {} in the file ../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/STM32F4xx/vectors.c
- trying to run command ni, has no effect.
Could you tell me did I do something wrong or where is the problem ? with toolchain ? I still use the old toolchain summon-arm-gcc, because I don't know actually how can I delete it, it installed for me the /home/$(USER)/sat directory but all executable files are in /usr/bin.
I've build your qtlink and the saucy and it works quite nice
- compile demo for ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY
- flash device through qtstlink, everythinks works fine, including logs on UART after USER button press
- erase device through command st-flash erase
- run st-util in one terminal window
- run arm-none-eabi-gdb ./build/ch.elf
- run command target extended-remote localhost:4242
- run command load, loading was successful
- run command continue
- press CTRL+C, program seems to stop on the function called void _unhandled_exception(void) {} in the file ../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/STM32F4xx/vectors.c
- trying to run command ni, has no effect.
Could you tell me did I do something wrong or where is the problem ? with toolchain ? I still use the old toolchain summon-arm-gcc, because I don't know actually how can I delete it, it installed for me the /home/$(USER)/sat directory but all executable files are in /usr/bin.
Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows
You should give OpenOCD a try.
It used to work fine for me.
Also use this toolchain instead: https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded (ppa: https://launchpad.net/~terry.guo/+archi ... m-embedded)
Glad the new QStlink2 build works, thanks for testing.
It used to work fine for me.
Also use this toolchain instead: https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded (ppa: https://launchpad.net/~terry.guo/+archi ... m-embedded)
Glad the new QStlink2 build works, thanks for testing.
Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows
Hi,
Is it possible to add support for STM32F107 micros?
Im currently using Olimex STM32 P107 development board and qstlink2 tells me "Device not found in database!"
Is it possible to add support for STM32F107 micros?
Im currently using Olimex STM32 P107 development board and qstlink2 tells me "Device not found in database!"