ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

This forum is about you. Feel free to discuss anything is related to embedded and electronics, your awesome projects, your ideas, your announcements, not necessarily related to ChibiOS but to embedded in general. This forum is NOT for support.
lazureus
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Post by lazureus »

Thanks a lot for advise, I already compile it, at the evening I'd try to test it with STM32F4-DISCOVERY, and with new toolchain maybe I'll start gdb with new toolchain.
mobyfab
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Post by mobyfab »

Hey,

I'm making a package for 13.10, it should be available within the hour. (being built by ppa bot)
lazureus
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Post by lazureus »

Hey mobyfab,

I've build your qtlink and the saucy and it works quite nice :) I saw also that you make version for the 13.10, thanks for that. Nevertheless still I cannot debug my ChibiOS application with arm-none-eabi-gdb, during I did as follows:

- compile demo for ARMCM4-STM32F407-DISCOVERY
- flash device through qtstlink, everythinks works fine, including logs on UART after USER button press
- erase device through command st-flash erase
- run st-util in one terminal window
- run arm-none-eabi-gdb ./build/ch.elf
- run command target extended-remote localhost:4242
- run command load, loading was successful
- run command continue
- press CTRL+C, program seems to stop on the function called void _unhandled_exception(void) {} in the file ../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/STM32F4xx/vectors.c
- trying to run command ni, has no effect.

Could you tell me did I do something wrong or where is the problem ? with toolchain ? I still use the old toolchain summon-arm-gcc, because I don't know actually how can I delete it, it installed for me the /home/$(USER)/sat directory but all executable files are in /usr/bin.
mobyfab
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Post by mobyfab »

You should give OpenOCD a try.
It used to work fine for me.

Also use this toolchain instead: https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded (ppa: https://launchpad.net/~terry.guo/+archi ... m-embedded)

Glad the new QStlink2 build works, thanks for testing.
cidadao
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:00 am

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Post by cidadao »

Hi,

Is it possible to add support for STM32F107 micros?
Im currently using Olimex STM32 P107 development board and qstlink2 tells me "Device not found in database!"
mobyfab
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: ST-Link V2 on Linux/OSX/Windows

Post by mobyfab »

Yes,

I just need the chip ID. (in the datasheet)
Post Reply