STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: RoccoMarco

AlexfromGalax
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:57 pm

STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by AlexfromGalax »

Hey guys,

I'm planning to use a STM32L0 MCU in one of my new projects. I already have some experience with the STM32F4 and ChibiOS...
Are there any plans for the support of the new STM32L0 series?

Many thanks in advance..

Best
Alex
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

It is planned, I am waiting to see some hardware to test on.

Giovanni
AlexfromGalax
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by AlexfromGalax »

Hey Giovanni,

thanks for the quick reply. I can send you a development board if you like...


Best
Alex
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

Thanks, I should receive some boards soon so there is no need.

Giovanni
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by Giovanni »

Hi Alex,

I haven't received the board yet, and Farnell does not stock it, if your offer is still valid I would accept one.

Giovanni
User avatar
kulve
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by kulve »

Any updates? Especially related to STM32L0 Nucleo boards.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

I still don't have any board to test on, I made a first analysis on the RM and I don't see any difficulties except, may be, add support for those LP peripherals.

The only problem I can see is the missing support in OpenOCD 0.8.0.

Giovanni
Noname
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by Noname »

Hello

Do you also plan to support the Nucleo boards?
It could be interesting since ST are also releasing X-NUCLEO expansion shields (BT LE, NFC,...), and the boards are also cheaper.

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM1 ... 7/PF260001
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by Giovanni »

Nucleo boards are already supported in 2.6.5 and 3.0.0.

Giovanni
efuentes
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:16 am

Re: STM32L0 - Cortex M0+ Support

Post by efuentes »

Post Reply