russian wrote:I wonder if these new boards are covered by the same evaluation license as discovery?
On the card shipped with the product is a reference to http://www.st.com/epla - seems to be unchanged, although I doubt that the "by using ... you accept ..." phrasing can be enforced.
Small update, I am committing demos for the INEMO-M1 and NUCLEO boards. So far the F401, F103 and F030 are done. I am working on the L152 but I don't have a F302 so I will not be able to test it.
The nice thing about those NUCLEO boards is that it is a single board, the very same PCB with just different devices mounted (differences are handled by few solder bridges).
The schematic is a good example about how to do a "universal" STM32 board.
The code is in the 2.6.x branch, I will port it to 3.0 during the weekend.
Small update, I am committing demos for the INEMO-M1 and NUCLEO boards. So far the F401, F103 and F030 are done. I am working on the L152 but I don't have a F302 so I will not be able to test it.
[snip] Giovanni
Giovanni (or anyone else),
I'm a beginner with ChibiOS-RT. I was wondering if you have the demo files that you used to test the L152RE board. I copied/modified some chconf.h, halconf.h and mcuconf.h files from your release of a month or so ago but I can't get a blinky app working. I have managed to program it with openocd and I've been using DDD with the GCC Arm Embedded toolchain but it enters an infinite loop in _port_irq_epilogue(void) (as far as I can tell). I cloned the current git repository and recompiled but the behavior remains the same.
Here's my openocd version and configuration file -- again, take the configuration with a grain of salt with me being a newbee but I was able to issue a "monitor load ..." command and it appeared to work.
[pauba@localhost test (master)]$ openocd -v Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0 (2014-05-15-12:53) Licensed under GNU GPL v2 For bug reports, read http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
[pauba@localhost test (master)]$ cat nucleo.cfg # This is an Nucleo-l152RE board #
source [find interface/stlink-v2-1.cfg]
set WORKAREASIZE 0x2000 # source [find target/stm32lx_stlink.cfg] source [find target/stm32lx_dual_bank.cfg]
# use hardware reset, connect under reset reset_config srst_only srst_nogate
jcw wrote:Compiles ok, but the "L2" LED on PA5 stays off, is there anything else I need to do / check?
When I remember correctly you have to manually change the PLL values to work with the HSI clock speed. What is happening for your right now is that the CPU is working but just very slow (probably at a few kHz).
Side note: I always use palTogglePad() to save time when writing these test cases.