STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

ChibiOS public support forum for all topics not covered by a specific support forum.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, lbednarz, tfAteba

Post Reply
littlekoala
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 pm

STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Post by littlekoala »

Hi,

It seems the STM32F429 Discovery doesn't have the audio DAC (CS43L22) anymore. What can I do if I want to have
audio with this board? Would it be possible to use the teensy audio adapter board (https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html)
with this discovery board? is there any other better solution? Thanks.

LittelKoala
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Post by Giovanni »

Several solutions actually, you could use DACs (driver not complete however) or PWMs as DACs.

That board could work too using the I2S driver but never tried it. Note the I2S driver is only present in 3.0 and not fully tested.

Giovanni
littlekoala
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Re: STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Post by littlekoala »

Thanks for the info. I read that the board has also Serial Audio Interface (SAI),
where can I get some information about it?
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

On the STM32F4 Reference Manual.

Giovanni
littlekoala
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Re: STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Post by littlekoala »

Thank, I didn't check it :)
Post Reply