There is something I wish feedback on.
Should the book also be a complete manual? my idea is that the book should complement the documentation not include it. Including the full documentation would also double the size and increase the cost.
Right now I am focusing on describing all subsystems, including UML diagrams, state machines and writing a lot of examples covering most/all the API.
Giovanni
[NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
-
tecnologic
- Posts: 124
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 am
- Has thanked: 21 times
- Been thanked: 5 times
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Hi Giovanni,
I would see the Book as a general Dokumentation and implementation Hints. Not as ChibiOS Doku. The Book should cover more general things on using ChibiOS to make users ready to understand the Doxygen Doku.
Regards
Tec
I would see the Book as a general Dokumentation and implementation Hints. Not as ChibiOS Doku. The Book should cover more general things on using ChibiOS to make users ready to understand the Doxygen Doku.
Regards
Tec
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
tecnologic wrote:I would see the Book as a general Dokumentation and implementation Hints. Not as ChibiOS Doku. The Book should cover more general things on using ChibiOS to make users ready to understand the Doxygen Doku.
I fully agree on that one.
~ Tectu
-
ruslanpopov
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
-
ruslanpopov
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Giovanni wrote:Hi,
See PMs, suggestions are welcome.
Giovanni
Thank you. Went to read the book.
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
hi
Mr. Giovanni
please post link for the book mentioned by you above.
i was struggling to get hold of chibi with your doku for last two months with nofruitful results.
i am an electricalengineer who started exploring the micro controllers as a hobby
Mr. Giovanni
please post link for the book mentioned by you above.
i was struggling to get hold of chibi with your doku for last two months with nofruitful results.
i am an electricalengineer who started exploring the micro controllers as a hobby
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Hi,
I PMed you the account info.
The book is a very technical and covers the RTOS functionality (no HAL), I am not sure it is what you need.
Giovanni
I PMed you the account info.
The book is a very technical and covers the RTOS functionality (no HAL), I am not sure it is what you need.
Giovanni
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Hello Giovanni.
Can I have access to the book? I want to take a look. I have a problems to understand some conceptions in your kernel functionality, hope this book will give me a bit clear view.
Can I have access to the book? I want to take a look. I have a problems to understand some conceptions in your kernel functionality, hope this book will give me a bit clear view.