[NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by Giovanni »

There is something I wish feedback on.

Should the book also be a complete manual? my idea is that the book should complement the documentation not include it. Including the full documentation would also double the size and increase the cost.

Right now I am focusing on describing all subsystems, including UML diagrams, state machines and writing a lot of examples covering most/all the API.

Giovanni
tecnologic
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by tecnologic »

Hi Giovanni,

I would see the Book as a general Dokumentation and implementation Hints. Not as ChibiOS Doku. The Book should cover more general things on using ChibiOS to make users ready to understand the Doxygen Doku.

Regards

Tec
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by Tectu »

tecnologic wrote:I would see the Book as a general Dokumentation and implementation Hints. Not as ChibiOS Doku. The Book should cover more general things on using ChibiOS to make users ready to understand the Doxygen Doku.

I fully agree on that one.


~ Tectu
User avatar
barthess
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:55 pm
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by barthess »

Agree with tecnologic.
ruslanpopov
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by ruslanpopov »

Re all. How can I take a look on the book?
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

See PMs, suggestions are welcome.

Giovanni
ruslanpopov
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by ruslanpopov »

Giovanni wrote:Hi,

See PMs, suggestions are welcome.

Giovanni


Thank you. Went to read the book.
chatur86
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by chatur86 »

hi
Mr. Giovanni
please post link for the book mentioned by you above.
i was struggling to get hold of chibi with your doku for last two months with nofruitful results.
i am an electricalengineer who started exploring the micro controllers as a hobby
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

I PMed you the account info.

The book is a very technical and covers the RTOS functionality (no HAL), I am not sure it is what you need.

Giovanni
Ceco
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by Ceco »

Hello Giovanni.

Can I have access to the book? I want to take a look. I have a problems to understand some conceptions in your kernel functionality, hope this book will give me a bit clear view.
Post Reply