FWIW, I'm not succeeding yet in making the on-board LED blink. Tried both GPIOA 5 and GPIOB 13 (which it is on some Nucleo boards).
I disabled the serial port code in main.c to try and narrow down the problem. Can't seem to make the LED do anything, even with a manual palSetPadMode + palTogglePad.
It might have something to do with clock setup - IIUC the clock can go up to 64 MHz on the internal 8 MHz via the PLL. STM32_PLLMUL_VALUE was set to 12, but neither lowering it to 4, nor setting STM32_NO_INIT to TRUE appears to make a difference.
Just as a sanity check, I also tried the demo for the Nucleo F103RB (after switching boards, of course) - yep, that worked fine.
Still a newbie w.r.t. ARM - there sure is lots of rope lying around to hang yourself, no tree needed :)
-jcw
Starting to add Nucleo F334R8
Moderator: RoccoMarco
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Starting to add Nucleo F334R8
Probably something in the clock settings, I will verify again.
Giovanni
Giovanni
Re: Starting to add Nucleo F334R8
Unrelated, but probably a typo in a few files:
Should be 330 (or completely removed even), I think - at least on most Nucleo and Discovery boards.
Not that it makes a difference, only STM32F4xx uses it, and only wiith 270..360 as range check.
-jcw
Code: Select all
#define STM32_VDD 300
Should be 330 (or completely removed even), I think - at least on most Nucleo and Discovery boards.
Not that it makes a difference, only STM32F4xx uses it, and only wiith 270..360 as range check.
-jcw
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Starting to add Nucleo F334R8
Yes, it should be removed, it is a leftover of the F4 files (on F4 the VDD matters).
Giovanni
Giovanni