Is STM32F030K6 supported?

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: RoccoMarco

kimgunzung
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am

Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by kimgunzung »

Hi.

We made a custom board with STM32F030K6 and ported a board example of STM32F030R8 from ChibiOS 2.6.8.
There is nothing happened. NO LED blinking...
Is TM32F030K6 is supported? It has very limited memory size - 4kByte.
How can I resolve the problem?

Thanks.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

It is supported. Probably you have problems in the board files or mcuconf settings.

Giovanni
kimgunzung
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by kimgunzung »

Hi,

I copied a board directory from ST_NUCLEO_F030R8 and modified some definitions of pins.
Also, I copied a demo directory from ARMCM0-STM32F030R8-NUCLEO and eliminated lines about TestThread in the main.c file.
The linker script is adjusted as half size of memory.
I don't know what the problem is and what to do.
Please give me some advise.

Thanks.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

I missed that you are using 2.6.8, F030 is not supported there. Please download 3.0.0p5.

Giovanni
kimgunzung
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by kimgunzung »

Hi,

I tried using 3.0.0p5. But it has the same result.
I downloaded 3.0.0p5 and did the same thing in 2.6.8.
I tried both RT version and NIL version. They have no difference result.

Please give me some more advice.

Thanks,
Gunzung.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by Giovanni »

Does your board have an external oscillator?
Is the correct frequency in your board.h?
Are the clock settings in mcuconf.h correct for your xtal?
Where exactly in the code the program stops?

Giovanni
kimgunzung
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by kimgunzung »

Hi,

It has no external oscillator. It uses internal oscillator only.
I don't modify clock setting in board.h and mcuconf.h since copied from ARMCM0-STM32F030R8-NUCLEO.
I think it stops after chSysInit();

Thanks,
Gunzung
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by Giovanni »

Where exactly? stop the program using the debugger an look at the stack trace.

Giovanni
kimgunzung
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by kimgunzung »

Hi,

I have no debugger and the board has no debugging port. T_T;;;
So I think it stops after chSysInit();
Is there any method to debug line by line?

Thanks,
Gunzung
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?

Post by Giovanni »

You can download ChibiStudio and debug using that.

Giovanni
Post Reply