Hi.
We made a custom board with STM32F030K6 and ported a board example of STM32F030R8 from ChibiOS 2.6.8.
There is nothing happened. NO LED blinking...
Is TM32F030K6 is supported? It has very limited memory size - 4kByte.
How can I resolve the problem?
Thanks.
Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Moderator: RoccoMarco
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Hi,
It is supported. Probably you have problems in the board files or mcuconf settings.
Giovanni
It is supported. Probably you have problems in the board files or mcuconf settings.
Giovanni
-
kimgunzung
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am
Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Hi,
I copied a board directory from ST_NUCLEO_F030R8 and modified some definitions of pins.
Also, I copied a demo directory from ARMCM0-STM32F030R8-NUCLEO and eliminated lines about TestThread in the main.c file.
The linker script is adjusted as half size of memory.
I don't know what the problem is and what to do.
Please give me some advise.
Thanks.
I copied a board directory from ST_NUCLEO_F030R8 and modified some definitions of pins.
Also, I copied a demo directory from ARMCM0-STM32F030R8-NUCLEO and eliminated lines about TestThread in the main.c file.
The linker script is adjusted as half size of memory.
I don't know what the problem is and what to do.
Please give me some advise.
Thanks.
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Hi,
I missed that you are using 2.6.8, F030 is not supported there. Please download 3.0.0p5.
Giovanni
I missed that you are using 2.6.8, F030 is not supported there. Please download 3.0.0p5.
Giovanni
-
kimgunzung
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am
Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Hi,
I tried using 3.0.0p5. But it has the same result.
I downloaded 3.0.0p5 and did the same thing in 2.6.8.
I tried both RT version and NIL version. They have no difference result.
Please give me some more advice.
Thanks,
Gunzung.
I tried using 3.0.0p5. But it has the same result.
I downloaded 3.0.0p5 and did the same thing in 2.6.8.
I tried both RT version and NIL version. They have no difference result.
Please give me some more advice.
Thanks,
Gunzung.
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Does your board have an external oscillator?
Is the correct frequency in your board.h?
Are the clock settings in mcuconf.h correct for your xtal?
Where exactly in the code the program stops?
Giovanni
Is the correct frequency in your board.h?
Are the clock settings in mcuconf.h correct for your xtal?
Where exactly in the code the program stops?
Giovanni
-
kimgunzung
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am
Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Hi,
It has no external oscillator. It uses internal oscillator only.
I don't modify clock setting in board.h and mcuconf.h since copied from ARMCM0-STM32F030R8-NUCLEO.
I think it stops after chSysInit();
Thanks,
Gunzung
It has no external oscillator. It uses internal oscillator only.
I don't modify clock setting in board.h and mcuconf.h since copied from ARMCM0-STM32F030R8-NUCLEO.
I think it stops after chSysInit();
Thanks,
Gunzung
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Where exactly? stop the program using the debugger an look at the stack trace.
Giovanni
Giovanni
-
kimgunzung
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am
Re: Is STM32F030K6 supported?
Hi,
I have no debugger and the board has no debugging port. T_T;;;
So I think it stops after chSysInit();
Is there any method to debug line by line?
Thanks,
Gunzung
I have no debugger and the board has no debugging port. T_T;;;
So I think it stops after chSysInit();
Is there any method to debug line by line?
Thanks,
Gunzung
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times