[NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
ichro
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by ichro »

Hi
Giovanni can I take a look on the book?
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by Giovanni »

ichro wrote:Hi
Giovanni can I take a look on the book?


Hi,

Check PMs.

Giovanni
User avatar
UFO
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by UFO »

Hi there Giovanni, and All,

Is the book still being written? Is the book still available for review? If so, where may I find a copy of the 'book'?

Thanks in advance,

UFO
utzig
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by utzig »

Since we're talking about it, any reason for not making it available publicly? Do you intend to self-publish or are you working with some publisher?

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig
utzig
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by utzig »

UFO wrote:Is the book still being written? Is the book still available for review? If so, where may I find a copy of the 'book'?


It seems to be fairly complete. It's available on the wiki but still private. Create an user there and send a PM to Giovanni and he may enable your access!

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig
User avatar
UFO
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by UFO »

utzig wrote:
UFO wrote:Is the book still being written? Is the book still available for review? If so, where may I find a copy of the 'book'?


It seems to be fairly complete. It's available on the wiki but still private. Create an user there and send a PM to Giovanni and he may enable your access!

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig


Fabio,

Thanks...

UFO
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by Giovanni »

The book is not yet complete, I will restart working on it after the 3.0 release. I am not sure that I am doing it right, probably it is too technical and covers RT only, most questions on the forum are about HAL and STM32.

The idea is to publish on one of those web stores.

Giovanni
User avatar
UFO
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by UFO »

Thanks

UFO
MarkIngle
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:24 pm

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by MarkIngle »

I started reading the online book last night and I think it is very good! I have never built an OS but I can understand the concepts and the purpose driven architecture that has been designed into this Embedded OS. If I can find some references on installing the suite on a Mac OSX yosesmite I will be digging further into understanding the OS platform. Currently I am involved with OPNG (formerly OpenPilot), a flight controller solution for multi rotors.

Great work!

Mark
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book

Post by Giovanni »

Thanks, I will resume working on it after the 3.0 release, if you see errors or points that could be expanded (in addition to all the feedback already given in this thread) please report them here.

Giovanni
Post Reply