[NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Hi,
Paper copies will be available once released.
Giovanni
cxran2wms wrote:I want to buy a paper copy!
Paper copies will be available once released.
Giovanni
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Hi Giovanni,
One comment about the last example at <edited>
Presumably chVTSetI should be used instead since the callback would be called from ISR context.
Raul
One comment about the last example at <edited>
Code: Select all
/*
* LED timer callback.
*/
static void led_cb(void *arg) {
LED_toggle();
chVTSet(&led_vt, MS2ST(500), led_cb, NULL);
}
Presumably chVTSetI should be used instead since the callback would be called from ISR context.
Raul
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Hi,
Thanks fixing.
I see that now the book become public stuff, brilliant idea... who do I need to thank for this?
Giovanni
Thanks fixing.
I see that now the book become public stuff, brilliant idea... who do I need to thank for this?
Giovanni
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Hi,
Yesterday I discovered that the book content has been leaked and was (and still is) available on the web.
This basically removes any reason for me to continue the work, the book project has been put on indefinite hold. Accesses to the original material have been revoked.
Giovanni
Yesterday I discovered that the book content has been leaked and was (and still is) available on the web.
This basically removes any reason for me to continue the work, the book project has been put on indefinite hold. Accesses to the original material have been revoked.
Giovanni
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Hi Giovanni,
I am sorry to hear that your book has been publicly disclosed without your consent. Whoever did it should have checked with you previously, even if the intention was positive, I am sure that your decision
will cause some regret to the unauthorized publisher but what's even more unfortunate would be that all that hard work putting together such well structured (and needed) documentation will never make it.
And that's where it gets painful, specially for the newcomers (where I include myself). Personally, unaware of the circumstances, I have happened to benefit from reading the book while taking my firsts steps with ChibiOS, I have pretty much been referring to it daily since came across it. I find its contents incredibly valuable, the book is like the glue that brings together the detail documentation in sourceforge and adds conceptual information and that's critical for stuff to click in, good documentation draws interests and all in all provide (more) developers with a clearer understanding of all the features which would yield to better quality apps, etc.
I hope these lines help to provide some encouragement to continue working on the book, there are lots of us looking forward to getting a paper copy, even if there are readily available digital drafts, as a sign of appreciation for bring up this awesome RTOS, which is great by itself. But it will surely be even better complemented by a book(s) and I am positive that the present and future users will share this feeling.
Keep it up,
Raul
I am sorry to hear that your book has been publicly disclosed without your consent. Whoever did it should have checked with you previously, even if the intention was positive, I am sure that your decision
will cause some regret to the unauthorized publisher but what's even more unfortunate would be that all that hard work putting together such well structured (and needed) documentation will never make it.
And that's where it gets painful, specially for the newcomers (where I include myself). Personally, unaware of the circumstances, I have happened to benefit from reading the book while taking my firsts steps with ChibiOS, I have pretty much been referring to it daily since came across it. I find its contents incredibly valuable, the book is like the glue that brings together the detail documentation in sourceforge and adds conceptual information and that's critical for stuff to click in, good documentation draws interests and all in all provide (more) developers with a clearer understanding of all the features which would yield to better quality apps, etc.
I hope these lines help to provide some encouragement to continue working on the book, there are lots of us looking forward to getting a paper copy, even if there are readily available digital drafts, as a sign of appreciation for bring up this awesome RTOS, which is great by itself. But it will surely be even better complemented by a book(s) and I am positive that the present and future users will share this feeling.
Keep it up,
Raul
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
Probably it will reappear behind a paywall after the issues have been cleared.
I would not hold my breath because the infringing material is still there, I am evaluating my options.
Giovanni
I would not hold my breath because the infringing material is still there, I am evaluating my options.
Giovanni
-
awesome1337
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
It has been deleted if you mean this link (which is indexed by google):
http://chibios-book.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
http://chibios-book.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
awesome1337 wrote:It has been deleted if you mean this link (which is indexed by google):
http://chibios-book.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
Thanks, it is what I was waiting for. Sorry for all the noise
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: [NEWS] The ChibiOS Book
The book is freely accessible from the homepage now: http://www.chibios.org/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... book:start
It will stay this way for a while.
Giovanni
It will stay this way for a while.
Giovanni