New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
Jacon
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:52 am
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 5 times

New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by Jacon »

noether
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by noether »

yeah, really good news. Now hopefully I do not have to maintain my own toolchain :P
alyssaly
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:10 am

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by alyssaly »

Indeed nice~Many thanks !
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by Giovanni »

Did anybody test it?

Giovanni
mobyfab
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by mobyfab »

it does install and compile fine, but I haven't tried to upload the actual code.
I'll try to check this evening.
noether
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by noether »

Same here,

I will try it out this evening.
Jacon
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:52 am
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by Jacon »

Giovanni wrote:Did anybody test it?
Just done that:
Size of various memory blocks exactly (to the byte) the same as from latest CodeSourcery release.
Code works perfectly well on my STM32-F4 Discovery board :mrgreen:
JetForMe
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:12 am

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by JetForMe »

Is this a toolchain that can run on Mac OS X?
User avatar
Badger
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by Badger »

It should compile just like the normal gcc does, e.g using something like summon-arm-toolchain. At least that's what I use on Mac, but I'm yet to try this new toolchain.
JetForMe
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:12 am

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Post by JetForMe »

I'm able to use Yagarto, but it'd be nice to get the stuff straight from ARM (presumably they know what's best). The sources came in two parts, and I've never seen that compression app before, so I haven't tried to build it. But I hope the sources are fully combined, and will just build, rather than doing it all in stages.

That's probably too much to hope for, isn't it?
Post Reply