https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded
New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!
Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!
yeah, really good news. Now hopefully I do not have to maintain my own toolchain 
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!
Just done that:Giovanni wrote:Did anybody test it?
Size of various memory blocks exactly (to the byte) the same as from latest CodeSourcery release.
Code works perfectly well on my STM32-F4 Discovery board
Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!
It should compile just like the normal gcc does, e.g using something like summon-arm-toolchain. At least that's what I use on Mac, but I'm yet to try this new toolchain.
Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!
I'm able to use Yagarto, but it'd be nice to get the stuff straight from ARM (presumably they know what's best). The sources came in two parts, and I've never seen that compression app before, so I haven't tried to build it. But I hope the sources are fully combined, and will just build, rather than doing it all in stages.
That's probably too much to hope for, isn't it?
That's probably too much to hope for, isn't it?