I just made a small test with my JLink and Eclipse 3.7.0 - works perfectly.
One suggestion: Would it be possible to add an option to update the view once the execution is paused?
Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
It would be possible but fetching all the data can take time, especially if the trace buffer is enabled. You would have a delay after each breakpoint. Anyway, it would be a nice option to have for the owners of fast probes.
Giovanni
Giovanni
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
http://www.chibios.org/plugins/org.chib ... _1.0.2.jar
This is "complete" until I learn how to output graphics into Eclipse or bugs are reported. Stacks measurement will be added after a specific kernel improvement will be introduced.
About OpenOCD, they will be releasing 0.5.0 soon, probably better wait for that version first.
Giovanni
This is "complete" until I learn how to output graphics into Eclipse or bugs are reported. Stacks measurement will be added after a specific kernel improvement will be introduced.
About OpenOCD, they will be releasing 0.5.0 soon, probably better wait for that version first.
Giovanni
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
I can confirm that this plugin works great on Ubuntu 10.04-2 with Eclipse Helios SR2 and OpenOCD 4.0 (custom build) combined with the Olimex MSP430-JTAG-TINY.
Thanks for the effort you put into it
Thanks for the effort you put into it
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
Hi Matis,
Are you testing on MSP430? It would be interesting if you explain your setup for MSP430 under Eclipse.
Giovanni
Are you testing on MSP430? It would be interesting if you explain your setup for MSP430 under Eclipse.
Giovanni
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
Giovanni,
It might that we are misunderstanding each other. What I meant to say, was that I use the Olimex MSP430 as the JTAG connector. I'm not developing on a MSP430 experiment board.
Sorry if I mislead you
Matis
It might that we are misunderstanding each other. What I meant to say, was that I use the Olimex MSP430 as the JTAG connector. I'm not developing on a MSP430 experiment board.
Sorry if I mislead you
Matis
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
The plugin now is also able to inspect the stack usage of the running threads, it is now available on the repository trunk as it is now standard part of the ChibiOS/RT package.
Please report any problem you may find, it is still quite experimental.
Giovanni
Please report any problem you may find, it is still quite experimental.
Giovanni
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
It is really must have plugin. Thanks a lot, Giovanni.
Tested with:
Eclipse - Helios Service Release 2
OpenOCD - 0.5.0
"arm-usb-ocd" JTAG dongle from Olimex.
One trouble (looks like I forget something). In "Threads" tab instead of treads' names it prints <no name> except of "main" and "idle" threads.
One suggestion: possibility to copy data from plugin window to clipboard.
Tested with:
Eclipse - Helios Service Release 2
OpenOCD - 0.5.0
"arm-usb-ocd" JTAG dongle from Olimex.
One trouble (looks like I forget something). In "Threads" tab instead of treads' names it prints <no name> except of "main" and "idle" threads.
One suggestion: possibility to copy data from plugin window to clipboard.
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
Hi,
If you want to give names to your threads use the function chRegSetThreadName(). Good idea about copying data into the clipboard, I was thinking to a CSV or XML export too.
Giovanni
If you want to give names to your threads use the function chRegSetThreadName(). Good idea about copying data into the clipboard, I was thinking to a CSV or XML export too.
Giovanni
Re: Eclipse debug plugin for ChibiOS/RT
I have one wish too
I don't know if it is feasible, but I'd love to click on a thread/callback and directly jump to the source code as well.
I don't know if it is feasible, but I'd love to click on a thread/callback and directly jump to the source code as well.